To Replace the Pre-Filter follow the below steps
- Turn off the cold water supply line.
- Empty the RO holding tank by opening the RO water faucet. When the flow stops the tank is empty.
- Remove the yellow Pre-Carbon Filter by twisting it counter clockwise out of the manifold.
- Install a new Yellow Pre-Carbon Filter making sure to twist the filter until it's snug with the filter manifold. Writing the date on the filter, setting a reminder on your phone, or filling out the filter replacement tracker included at the end of the user manual will help you to remember when it's time to replace the filter. Pre-Carbon Filters should be replaced every 6 months for optimum performance.
- Close the RO water faucet.
- Open the cold tap water supply valve.
- While the RO tank is filling, spend a few minutes checking to make sure there are no leaks in the system.
- After the RO holding tank has been completely filled (this can take up to 2 hours) empty the RO holding tank until the flow is reduced to a slow trickle to ensure that the filters have been properly flushed.
- Allow the RO holding tank to fill normally.
Your AquaTru System is now ready to use.